It’s officially 2013 and we’re very excited for the New Year! 2012 was an interesting year for electronic cigarettes. Much advancement was made in e-cig technology including new models and better-performing cartridges. Several studies were performed showing dramatically lower health risks when compared to analog cigarettes. National advertising campaigns were launched. Big tobacco began showing interest in the future of electronic cigarettes. Exciting times indeed and we predict “electronic cigarette” will be a household name by the end of 2013.
A lot of people thought e-cigs would be a short-lived fad and would slowly fizzle out, yet each year more and more smokers are switching to electronic cigarettes. You can now find countless success stories across the internet from smokers who have either partially or completely switched from analogs to e-cigs. So, have you tried one yet? If avoiding the harm from cigarette smoke is one of your New Year’s resolutions, you won’t find a better alternative than electronic cigarettes.
Let’s look at just a few of the many advantages electronic cigarettes have over analogs:
- Inhale water vapor rather than smoke – When you take a puff from your e-cig, you inhale vapor created from water, nicotine, flavoring and propylene glycol (or vegetable glycerin). You don’t inhale the smoke, poisons, tar or carcinogens found in analogs.
- Save money – Most e-cig starter kits cost about as much as a carton of cigarettes. After that, you’ll only need to purchase replacement cartridges or e-liquid. People who switch from analogs to e-cigs typically save thousands of dollars each year.
- Non-invasive – E-cigs create little-to-no odor so you don’t have to worry about offending those around you.
As mentioned above, the average starter kit costs no more than a carton of cigarettes, yet the initial purchase is one of the main obstacles for newcomers to e-cigs. A lot of people don’t want to risk paying $50 or more for something they’ve never tried and aren’t sure they’ll enjoy. For this reason, I often recommend trying a cheaper disposable e-cig first to skeptical people. Below are some of the best spots to get some great disposables:
If you’ve tried an e-cig and liked it, or feel confident that they are a better option than smoking, you’re probably in the market for a starter kit. Finding the right kit can be a daunting task with so many options out there. In hopes of making the search a little easier, we recommend the following:
- Buy a kit with at least two batteries – This way you can have a charged battery at all times. I suggest three batteries at a minimum because eventually one of the batteries will die permanently.
- Plan ahead and organize – Running out of cartridges or losing your charger or batteries is a sure-fire way to wind up back with analog cigarettes. If you smoke a pack a day, plan to use about one cartridge per day. Cartridges and e-liquid have a pretty long shelf-life so it’s ok to over-order until you figure out a routine.
- Order cartridge variety packs – Most e-cig companies sell variety packs of their cartridges. While you might never think vanilla would be a flavor you’d want, it very well could become your favorite. I have discovered many amazing flavors that I would have never tried if they weren’t included in a sampler.
- Avoid small and unprofessional brands – We have watched hundreds of e-cig companies come and go. Unfortunately when one of these start-ups decides to close shop, their loyal customers are stuck without warranties or customer service and have to resume the search for a new brand. CocktailNerd.com only promotes brands that we believe will be around for a very long time.
- Minimum nicotine level = 12mg – If you are addicted in any way to nicotine, we urge you to order cartridges with a nicotine level of at least 12mg. Many people mistakenly think that if they are a light smoker or smoke “light” cigarettes, they should order “light” cartridges. You’ll save more money by using medium to full strength cartridges. The lower nicotine level cartridges are actually meant for stepping down to cartridges with no nicotine.
SAVE EVEN MORE ON STARTER KITS
E-cigs are a lot of fun, very tasty and have improved the quality of life for everyone on our team. To celebrate the New Year, and to thank all of our visitors, we’d like to give back. If after reading any of the reviews on our site, you decide to purchase a starter kit, we will send you a rebate. Here’s how to claim your rebate:
- Click the red “Visit Site” button or activate a coupon for the brand of your choice and you will be redirected to that company’s website.
- If your order includes a starter kit, we will send you $5 for every $50 you spend.
- After placing your order, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, company you ordered from and the order number from your purchase.
- This offer ends at midnight CST on January 6th, 2013. All rebates will be mailed out the following week.
Holiday E-Cig Coupons
20% Off All V2 Cigs Products
13% Off Green Smoke Products
25% Off Halo G6 Products
25% Off South Beach Smoke Kits
25% Off EverSmoke Starter Kits
20.13% Off Firebrand Products
We hope you have a fantastic year!